موقع 24

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
موقع 24

موقع 24

from as honest a lua&re as ever wore

brootry

المساهمات : 3
    تاريخ التسجيل : 02/06/2011

from as honest a lua&re as ever wore Empty from as honest a lua&re as ever wore

مُساهمة  brootry الخميس يونيو 02, 2011 12:41 am

from as honest a lua&re as ever wore

He and Mr. Rowland Hill were grossly assailed by an adversary, against whom he iounanecessarv to anneai to tne veraicta mrv. wmcn was unnesiiatm&riv sriven m ms favour. it was also accompanied by the high encomium, from as honest a lua&re as ever wore tne roneslustice. m motto of this volume. The gross libel he considered it rifirnt to prosecute, mm Tory Burch Flats trie contemntioie tine. a utire ror uantm&r. ana was a tissue ot tne most impuaent and vulgar abuse imaginable. In his observations on it, Sir Richard Hill thus modestly defended himself.Feeling, as I do. the weight of declining years, being now nearly arrived at my grand climacteric, and looking back, as I trust I can, with more than indifference on a world I must very soon leave, to give an Tory Burch Sale account of all my deeds done in the body, rejecting with abhorrence the Pharisee boast of • God, I thank thee, I am not as other men are and shuddering to approach my Maker witn aev otner piea out tnattne numnie senatasea publican : yet in the retrospect of so many days that are past, I am not afraid of being deemed too presumptuous, in making my solemn appeal to conscience and to the whole world, that not one of those days has ever beensullied Tory Burch Reva Flats by a single mean or ignoble action towards my fellowcreatures. Selfvindication must ever be most painful to a feeling mind, but personal attacks demand a personal defence : and under such circumstances, truth, honour, character, and religion itself must all concurthe propriety of such vindication, provided a delicacy be observed as to particular instances' In the libel alluded to, though notonously the poor man s friend and generous benefactor, he was described as oppressive and avaricious. In reply to this last remark, he beautifully observes, " Thanks be to that gracious Providence who hath given me what I have, for giving me at the same time to know and feel that there can be no happiness in riches, but with riches to make each other happy: insomuch that I scruple not at all to affirm, that I would rather live on £ or even £ a year, than be the possessor of millions, either for the purposes they are too frequently Tory Burch Outlet lavished, prostituted, and abused, or to increase a sordid heap of mouldering dust;

الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو الأحد مايو 19, 2024 9:41 am